Out of this World: The Galaxy Trend

7:31 PM

Being the impulsive online shopper that I have become in recent months, I recently gave in to the galaxy trend. A few months ago, I began seeing onsight of leggings printed with images of the Milky Way and my closet nerd became very excited. In recent weeks, the trend has been growing exponentially, trending on websites such as Wanelo. So it had me intrigued, where in this world did this trend come from? Pun intended. So I began exploring recent new and realized this this trend is EVERYWHERE. Not just in fashion, but in the news, web, tv, etc. I first began my search on BBC where I found that nearly half of the most shared stories related to space exploration, NASA or the cosmos in general. Interest in astronomy has definitely been on the rise recently. I couldn't even avoid reading about it while at the DMV, with monitors playing recent news stories about the International Space Station. So I dug a little deeper and found that space exploration is exploding and even going mainstream within the next five years! That's right. If you don't know where to go on vacation in 2018, why not go to the moon? How cool! I have a feeling that with this new interest growing in space exploration, the sky is the limit for this trend. Sorry, I had to. But what does this mean for fashion? We've already seen the print appearing on leggings, sweatshirts, shoes and accessories already. But I think this trend is going to EXPLODE. Even for those of you not bold enough to don the cosmo print, I believe metallics as well as cobalt blues, pinks and violets are definitely going to accompany this trend. So even those not so interested in looking like a solar system can participate in the trend. I think we can see this style become a bit more adaptable by summer 2013 in more mainstream stores but in the meantime, online retailers are exploding with new galaxy items. So, why not? Skys the limit!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images