The Fairest of Them All: White Wedding at the Oscars

5:21 PM



Every time award season comes around, my spider sense nags me to actually watch the award show this year. Every year. Not being a huge movie buff, though I am trying to work on that, I never seem to have particular interest in the Academy and certainly do not thank them. Last Sunday, I did as I do every year traditionally for the Oscars.. Countdown ferociously to the red carpet and once the award show begins, I press the power button on my remote. This year the Academy might as well have painted the carpet white to match the parade of white dresses we saw on Sunday. Both Charlize Theron and Jennifer Lawrence looked white hot in Christian Dior. Kristen Stewart and Anne Hathaway followed suit, both donning white gowns to the event (Though I do think Kristen looked a bit disheveled and Anne Hathaway’s Prada gown was not the best choice for obvious reasons.) Also looking like bridal beauties were Kim Kardashian (who looked better than she has in years, in my opinion), Kerry Washington, Emma Stone, and Queen Latifah. But where did all this white come from? For Summer 2013, fashion is steering away from the traditional black and becoming more open to color. For those not as daring to don new pastels, white offers them an option that looks classy without being too flashy. This summer, we are sure to see white everywhere. Whether you wear it as one piece or a whole outfit, this summer you better grab your sunglasses ‘cause it’s gonna be white hot!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images