Top Fall Trends From Vogue's September Issue (Parts 4 & 5)

3:16 PM

 


Hey so it has been quite a few days since I last posted about our top five fall trends, I've been busy with school and of course New York Fashion Week. So I figured I'd jump on here and finish up my trend report so I can start discussing my experience at Fashion Week and my review of the Malan Breton show which I will get to tomorrow! But for today we have our last two and possibly my favorite two top fall trends: Jumpsuits and Trenchcoats!

Jumpsuits were all over the September Vogue issue! I cannot stress how much I love the jumpsuit and how I saw them absolutely everywhere in London! I was so obsessed I went on a personal manhunt to find the perfect one upon my return to the States. Besides that, jumpsuits are just so versatile and come in so many different colors, prints, and cuts. Just a full outfit in a snap (or zipper?). They can be casual, dressy, daring or just straight up over the top (like Solange's above!). What even better? They tie in perfectly with my 1970's trend analysis! The first time I ever wore my favorite new wide leg jumpsuit, a woman my mother's age approached me at work exclaiming that she had almost an identical one in the 70s, just going to show that this 70s revival is in full swing (think harem pants and platform sneakers!). 

The best thing about jumpsuits is that you can dress them up or down. I love to keep it simple with a classics black jumpsuit with gold accessories for a very glam look or sometimes a printed one with which I'll go easy on the accessories. They look super cute with flats or some chunky heels. Definitely a versatile piece to add to your wardrobe for mornings when you're in a rush and just need a quick outfit to zip up and go!

Next, trenchcoats. Where do I even begin? Trenchcoats are another classic piece that are so versatile and go with basically anything. Perfect for rainy days or nights out in the city, a trenchcoat can take you anywhere. While you certainly don't need to splurge on a Burberry trench, do make sure it is of good quality to withstand weathering. Also, you don't have to stick with classic beige! Switch it up with a black trench for a military inspired look or even go bold with a printed one. Michael Kors and of course Burberry showcased their classic trenches in the September issue and with some leather accents, Kors made them look more modern than ever! Just another reminder that classics absolutely do not have to be boring!


                    
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images